The Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) is a Federal program designed to assist with home heating costs. The program provides a once per year heating season payment on behalf of eligible participants.
Energy Assistance typically runs from November 1st to March 31st each year. Eligibility is based on Federal Poverty Guidelines. If you are a participant in SNAP (Food Stamps), you are presumed eligible for the Energy Assistance program.
SNAP (Food Stamps) recipients need the following information to complete their application:
- Name, Address, Phone Number, Social Security Number
- Do you Rent or Own your home? If you Rent, what is your Landlord's Name, Address & Phone number?
- If Renting, is your rent subsidized?
- Your electric bill account number (even if primary heat source is gas) and your account's Service Agreement Number
If you do NOT receive SNAP (Food Stamps), you will need:
- Names/birthdates for all household members
- Social Security numbers for all household members
- Heating Energy Vendor Name/Account number (utility bill)
- Electric Vendor Name/Account number (utility bill)
- Verification of residence address (utility bill)
- Income verification for the previous 3 months (check stubs, SS/SSI award letters, etc.)
- If you rent, your Landlord's name, address, and phone number
An application cannot be processed without the documents listed above.
If you desire to fill out a printable application form for submission, please go to Idaho CAPAI LIHEAP form.
For LIHEAP, please call the SEICAA office for an appointment according to the county in which you live. The office phone numbers by county are:
Bear Lake... 847-1462
|Family Size||Monthly Income Limit||3 - Mo. Income Limit|
|Ea. Add'l Member||$520||$1,560|